Monday, July 8, 2013

Checkered nails tutorial

Hi guys. Today I'm gonna teach you guys on how to do the checkered nails. I wanted to do it on my fingers nails but I just applied the gradation colour like a week ago. Thus it ended up on my toes toes. :D 
So here we go! ( I edited the pictures because MY FEET ARE UGLY)

We need two colours for checkered nails . The most common colour would be black and white but of course you can change and match it by your own.
 
Here I'm using Opi Sparks De Triomphe ( which is my fav glitter series from OPI)  Etude House's pure Black and hot pink.
Firstly, apply your base coat. I'm using OPI here too

And next apply your base colour, (glitter base here) ps: lighter tone as base
First layer coated. 
Second layer
Next, the challenge comes. We need to draw the vertical lines first and follow by horizontal. Here I 'recycled' my liquid eyeliner and used it as my lining tools. Just dip it into your nail colour and start drawing the lines. ( tools for lining: needles, brush etc etc)
I prefer a bigger checkered, thus two lines will do.
Draw something like tic tac toe! Something tricky happens here and pls take note. ALWAYS DRAW YOUR HORIZONTAL LINES FROM BOTTOM TO TOP because IF your checkered is not parallel you can always fix it by cutting your nails! :D hahaha!
Fill the checkered with the darker tone! No worries if your checkered is not smooth because top coat will solve the problem for u! 
And tadaaaaaa! Just as simple as that! :D  Oh ya for top coat, Seche Vite is highly recommended cuz it's the best top coat ever.

Alright done! 
See ya 😄💜

No comments: